Bingo is a game that has been popular for years. Throughout its rich history, ways of playing bingo have changed multiple times. Nowadays, there are two main ways to enjoy the thrill of the game: Internet sites and special clubs or halls. Which way of playing bingo is better? Check out our online bingo vs bingo halls guide to learn about the pros and cons of websites and land-based venues for bingo fans!
What is bingo?
Before we start, here is a brief explanation of bingo rules and objectives. Bingo is a simple game of chance with pretty simple rules and goals. Each player has a bingo card, which has a certain grid with numbers randomly placed in its squares. The numbers on the card correspond to the numbers that are called out by the bingo caller or pop up at bingo sites. The aim of the game is to mark off all the numbers on your card before anyone else. In online bingo, however, the whole process is automatic and no other players are involved.
There are different variations of the game, but the most popular version is 90-ball bingo, which is played in the UK. 75-ball bingo is America’s favorite. Also, there are unique bingo variations such as 30-ball or 80-ball, but they are mostly played online. To learn more about bingo, its features and prizes, read our ultimate Bingo FAQ.
Online bingo vs. bingo halls
Now you know how to play bingo, so it’s time to decide where to play it! As we have already mentioned, there are two main ways to play bingo for real money: online bingo vs bingo halls. Traditional bingo halls (clubs) are special venues similar to casinos, but they focus on bingo and its side games. Besides clubs, there are also many online bingo sites that offer a fast way to play the game from anywhere. Below, we will give the main pros and cons of playing bingo online versus playing it in a bingo hall.
Online bingo pros
- Availability. Players can access bingo games from the comfort of your own home and join them at any time.
- Variety. There are many different types of bingo games available online, from 90-ball or 75-ball bingo to Slingo.
- Bonuses and promotions. Bingo sites have many offers for new players. Find the latest online bingo bonuses and use them to play for free.
Online bingo cons
- Lack of social interaction. You miss out on the social aspect of playing in a bingo hall, as online games are fully automatic.
- Distractions. It can be easy to get distracted while playing online, especially when playing in public places.
- Technical issues. A poor Internet connection can sometimes occur while playing online, which can be frustrating.
Bingo hall pros
- Socialization and communication. You get to meet and interact with other players, while there’s a human host who announces winning numbers.
- Atmosphere. The atmosphere of a bingo hall is unique and exciting, with everyone competing against each other.
- Adrenaline. The aim of playing bingo in halls is to be the first one to do it. This competitiveness is absent at bingo sites.
Bingo hall cons
- Limited hours. Bingo halls may only be open at certain times, so you must plan your day to play bingo games.
- Location. You may need to travel to a bingo hall, which can be inconvenient. Also, there might be no halls in your city.
- Ticket price. Playing in a bingo hall can be more expensive than playing online, while the prize pot is almost the same.
As you can see from our online bingo vs bingo halls comparison, both ways of playing have their advantages and disadvantages. It’s up to you to decide how to play bingo for real cash or maybe just enjoy it with friends at home. Whether you want to play online or in a bingo hall, there’s no denying that it is a fun game that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. To try your luck in bingo right now, check out Bingo Fest – a good site with hundreds of bingo games and bonuses for new players.